Music Analysis/ Ideas


I believe all horror films need some sort of music that keeps the audience on edge, for example every time the audience here’s a certain track playing, the audience knows something bad is going to happen soon because every time you hear the music something bad happens to a character. My group and I decided we are going to make a short little track to use once or twice in our film opening to put the audience on edge. Our inspiration for this is Psycho (1960) in this film there was a soundtrack of ‘stingers’ which were made with violins being slashed very hard to create a eerie noise that would bring up all the nerves and butterflies each time you heard it. This tactic has now been mirrored in countless horror films as this certain noise created by the violins just creates the creepy vibe that makes the hairs on the back of your neck spike up. I plan to record this track on Audacity which is a recording software I have had downloaded to my laptop for a while now, Audacity has all the tools I would need to record and edit the track, we also intend to use this program to record some Foley sounds. I believe music helps horror movies establish a mood for the movie and help build tension, anxiety, and fear. That is why my group and I decided to make some music for our film, we believe it will increase the quality of our film by giving the audience something to listen to while there is no dialogue or when a major scene is about to go down. We have not decided what instruments we are going to use yet because all members of the group are away for vacation, but when we all get home this will be one of the first things we are going to work on together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR

Font Analysis

Final Film Locations