Film Opening and Locations


  I've come up with some ideas for my film opening, as my group and I intend to have a very well thought out introduction. We have decided to go ahead and stick to the horror genre. Not only do I find producing a film opening in this particular genre exciting and interesting, but we have also conducted the most research on this genre and feel most confident working in this area. I have studied many of the genre conventions in this category and am confident that I can put out a quality piece in this area. 
There are many locations which we could use for our film in Broward, but the best place we have seen so far is Markham Park. A very enticing location is at Markham Park in Broward County, Florida. This spot has been used by many film students in Broward because it offers a very creepy vibe when entering into the very mossy and grey forest. Many of the trees’ have long vines of moss hanging from them adding to the creepy feel of the woods that is created here. The woods also have a strong tone of grey which would fit perfectly with the image we are trying to create with our film opening.  I find this wooded area to be quite "spooky", the forests are thick, some areas are infested with moss, and the dense forest makes way for a dark and mysterious setting, facilitating changes that would need to be made in post-production. Given that the dark is usually associated with fear, I find this a perfect spot. Also, the dense shrubbery on the ground will allow my crew and I to include surprising and dramatic sounds, such as a tree branch breaking or leaves shaking. All these aspects create the perfect environment for our film opening, allowing us to produce scary scenes as the viewer will not be able to tell where the danger is coming from because of the dense forest and the shots we intend to use for our film. Also, my team and I plan to use high-quality, professional filming equipment to capture the uniqueness and mystery of the location.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR

Font Analysis

Final Film Locations